Ship My Container
Get here cheap international container shipping service and request a free quote for shipping freight from USA and Canada to most worlds’ countries.
Importing your containerized goods overseas?
- Get a free rate of shipping your container abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your cargo transported in container by us, just inform us and we will book the shipment of your commodities or household goods and provide you with all instructions needed via the e-mail or by calling.
International Container Shipping to Latvia
When shipping your goods to another country, you'll want to import them economically. Get here all required information about rates and shipping services to help you make your container shipping process as easy as possible. Look through the information on free trade zones, customs requirements and rates on shipping your containers to Latvia.
Import your container freight to main ports and cities in Latvia: Daugavpils, Jelgava, Jurmala, Liepaja, Riga.
Get a free quote for shipping your commodities to Latvia.
Latvia has been a member of WTO since 1999.
The following documents are needed when importing goods to Latvia: commercial invoice, customs value declaration, freight insurance, customs import declaration, freight documents, packing list, certificate of origin, insurance certificate.
Free Trade Zones and Free Ports
Latvia has four free trade areas: free ports are created in the Riga and Ventspils ports, and special economic zones (SEZ) are established in Liepaja, a port city in western Latvia, and Rezekne, the center of an eastern Latvian region which borders on Russia.
Each of four zones is regulated by to some extent different rules. In general, the two free ports provide for exemptions from indirect taxes, including exemptions from customs duties, VAT and excise tax. The SEZ offer additional stimulating regulations, such as 80-100% reduction of corporate income taxes and real estate taxes. In order to determine tax relief and other benefits, companies must obtain permits and sign agreements with the appropriate authorities: the state joint stock company "Rigas Tirdzniecibas Osta" (Riga Commercial Port) for the free port of Riga; the Ventspils port authority, for the Ventspils free port; or the Liepaja SEZ administration or Rezekne SEZ administration.
When thinking of using FCL shipping option (20’ and 40’ containers), you should keep in mind the following advantages:
1) The container volume is all at your disposal;
2) You don’t have to have to wait for your order being consolidated with other orders shipped to the same destination;
3) Mind that your goods will stay in the container from the time of loading in the origin port to the time of unloading at the destination.
Here are the estimated costs on importing your container from United States to the ports in Latvia:
| ||20’ Container ||40’ Container ||Transit Time |
| East Coast - Riga || $1,586.00|| $1,918.00|| 19|
| West Coast - Riga|| $2,581.00|| $3,181.00|| 35|
To get the full cost of transportation
you should add the following:
|- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF Charges) - $90 - $180 |
- Wharfage - $3 per MT
- Bill of Lading - $50
- Drayage from Terminal to Your Door (depends on the distance) - $220 (minimum) for 20’ and $235 (minimum) for 40’ container
- Fuel Surcharge - starts at $40
- Shipper's Declaration (Over $2,500.00) - $50
- Allowance for Industrial Goods - $100 - $150
- Hazardous Material - $100
Please note that these charges are subject to change
. Request an online quote to get the fresh rates.