Ship My Container
Get here cheap international container shipping service and request a free quote for shipping freight from USA and Canada to most worlds’ countries.
Importing your containerized goods overseas?
- Get a free rate of shipping your container abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your cargo transported in container by us, just inform us and we will book the shipment of your commodities or household goods and provide you with all instructions needed via the e-mail or by calling.
International Container Shipping to Kenya
When shipping your goods to another country, you'll want to import them economically. Get here all required information about rates and shipping services to help you make your container shipping process as easy as possible. Look through the information on free trade zones, customs requirements and rates on shipping your containers to Kenya.
Import your container freight to main ports and cities in Kenya: Garissa, Machakos, Malindi, Mombasa, Nairobi.
Get a free quote for shipping your commodities to Kenya.
Kenya has been a WTO member since 1 January 1995.
The following documents are required when importing goods in Kenya: import declaration forms (IDF), a clean report of findings from the PvoC agent for regulated products, and valid pro forma invoices, certificate of origin, packing list, bill of lading, import license.
Some goods require special labeling. These are condensed milk, paints, varnishes, vegetables, and butter. Imports of pre-packaged paints and related or similar products must be sold by metric weight or metric fluid measure. These indicators must be in metric form or both metric and imperial forms. It is also required to indicate on the labels of all consumables both the date of manufacture and expiry. All pharmaceutical products should include therapeutically active substances, inactive ingredients, name and percentage of any bactericidal or bacteriostatic agent, expiry date, batch number, warnings or precautions, name and business address of manufacturer, and registration number of the product.
Free Trade Zones/Warehouses
Free Trade Zones in Kenya are determined as the Export Processing Zones (EPZ). As a result the Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA) was established as the regulatory body.
2nd Floor, Upper Hill, Mara Road
P.O BOX 50563, 00200 Nairobi
Tel: 254 - 020 -2712801- 6
Fax: 254 - 020 - 2713704
P.O BOX 50563, 00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel: 254 -045 -22136
P.O BOX 89474, Mombasa - 80100, Kenya.
Tel/Fax: 254 -041 -435406/280
When thinking of using FCL shipping option (20' and 40' containers), you should keep in mind the following advantages:
1) The container volume is all at your disposal;
2) You don’t have to have to wait for your order being consolidated with other orders shipped to the same destination;
3) Mind that your goods will stay in the container from the time of loading in the origin port to the time of unloading at the destination.
Check out the estimated costs on importing your commodities from United States to the ports in Kenya:
| ||20’ Container || 40’ Container||Transit Time |
| East Coast - Mombasa|| $2,453.00|| $3,471.00|| 42|
| West Coast - Mombasa|| $4,060.65|| $5,007.03|| 58|
To get the full cost of transportation
you should add the following:
|- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF Charges) - $90 - $180 |
- Wharfage - $3 per MT
- Bill of Lading - $50
- Drayage from Terminal to Your Door (depends on the distance) - $220 (minimum) for 20’ and $235 (minimum) for 40’ container
- Fuel Surcharge - starts at $40
- Shipper's Declaration (Over $2,500.00) - $50
- Allowance for Industrial Goods - $100 - $150
- Hazardous Material - $100
Please note that these charges are subject to change. Request an online quote to get the fresh rates.