Ship My Container
Get here cheap international container shipping service and request a free quote for shipping freight from USA and Canada to most worlds’ countries.
Importing your containerized goods overseas?
- Get a free rate of shipping your container abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your cargo transported in container by us, just inform us and we will book the shipment of your commodities or household goods and provide you with all instructions needed via the e-mail or by calling.
International Container Shipping to Italy
When shipping your goods to another country, you'll want to import them economically. Get here all required information about rates and shipping services to help you make your container shipping process as easy as possible. Look through the information on free trade zones, customs requirements and rates on shipping your containers to Italy.
Import your container freight to main ports and cities in Italy: Genoa, Naples, Palermo, Rome, Turin.
Get a free quote for shipping your commodities to Italy.
Italy has been a WTO member since 1 January 1995.
The following documents are required when importing goods in Italy: commercial invoice, bill of lading or air waybill, certificate of origin.
Free Trade Zones/Warehouses
Italy has two free trade zones that are located in Trieste and Venice. All goods of foreign origin may be brought in without payment of taxes or duties, as long as the material is to be used in the production or assembly of a product that will be exported. The following are benefits of a free-trade zone: customs duties deferred for 180 days from the time that the goods leave the free-trade zone to enter another EU country; the goods may undergo any transformation free of any customs restraints; absolute exemption from any duties on products coming from a third
Futhermore, there are also numerous general warehouses that are located throughout Italy in all the port areas and cities. The time limit for such storage is 5 years.
When thinking of using FCL shipping option (20' and 40' containers), you should keep in mind the following advantages:
1) The container volume is all at your disposal;
2) You don't have to have to wait for your order being consolidated with other orders shipped to the same destination;
3) Mind that your goods will stay in the container from the time of loading in the origin port to the time of unloading at the destination.
Check out the estimated costs on importing your commodities from United States to the ports in Italy:
| || 20' Container|| 40’ Container|| Transit Time|
| East Coast - Genoa|| $1,135.00|| $1,286.00|| 17|
| West Coast - Genoa|| $2,791.00|| $3,316.00|| 33|
| East Coast - Gioia Tauro|| $1,500.00|| $1,715.00|| n/a|
| West Coast - Gioia Tauro|| $2,791.00|| $3,316.00|| n/a|
| East Coast - La Spezia|| $1,308.00|| $1,735.00|| 17|
| West Coast - La Spezia|| $4,222.00|| $5,857.00|| 33|
| East Coast - Livorno|| $1,136.00|| $1,286.00|| 17|
| West Coast - Livorno|| $2,791.00|| $3,316.00|| 33|
| East Coast - Naples|| $1,335.00|| $1,641.00|| 25|
| West Coast - Naples|| $3,761.00|| $4,546.00|| 35|
| East Coast - Palermo|| $1,391.00|| $1,641.00|| 22|
| West Coast - Palermo|| $3,761.00|| $4,546.00|| 32|
| East Coast - Trieste|| $1,491.00|| $1,691.00|| n/a|
| West Coast - Trieste|| $3,261.00|| $4,226.00|| n/a|
| East Coast - Venice|| n/a|| n/a|| n/a|
| West Coast - Venice|| $2,937.20|| $3,435.00|| n/a|
To get the full cost of transportation
you should add the following:
|- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF Charges) - $90 - $180 |
- Wharfage - $3 per MT
- Bill of Lading - $50
- Drayage from Terminal to Your Door (depends on the distance) - $220 (minimum) for 20’ and $235 (minimum) for 40’ container
- Fuel Surcharge - starts at $40
- Shipper's Declaration (Over $2,500.00) - $50
- Allowance for Industrial Goods - $100 - $150
- Hazardous Material - $100
Please note that these charges are subject to change
. Request an online quote to get the fresh rates.