Ship My Container
Get here cheap international container shipping service and request a free quote for shipping freight from USA and Canada to most worlds’ countries.
Importing your containerized goods overseas?
- Get a free rate of shipping your container abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your cargo transported in container by us, just inform us and we will book the shipment of your commodities or household goods and provide you with all instructions needed via the e-mail or by calling.
International Container Shipping to India
When shipping your goods to another country, you'll want to import them economically. Get here all required information about rates and shipping services to help you make your container shipping process as easy as possible. Look through the information on free trade zones, customs requirements and rates on shipping your containers to India.
Import your container freight to main ports and cities in India: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bombay, Calcutta, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Madras, New Delhi.
Get a free quote for shipping your commodities to India.
India joined WTO in 1995.
General documents required for importation are the following: bill of lading; cargo release order; certificate of origin; commercial invoice; customs import declaration; inspection report; packing list; technical standard/health certificate; and terminal handling receipts.
Free Trade Zones
Free trade zones of India are the following: Santa Cruz Electronics Export Processing Zone, which serves as a single window for export-import related matters including Customs clearance (Tel: 91-22-6377143; 91-22-2027332; http://www.seepz.com/); Kandla Special Economic Zone (Tel: 91-2836-252194, 252273, 252194, 252475, 253300, 252281); Cochin Special Economic Zone (CSEZ) (Telephone: 91-484-2413111 / 2413234 / 2413222; Fax: 91-484-2413074; http://www.csez.com/); Madras Special Economic Zone (Tel:91-44-22628220, 22628230, 22628233; Fax: 91-44-2628218; http://www.mepz.gov.in/); Visakhapatnam Special Economic Zone (Tel: 91-891-2754577, 2587555; Fax: 91-891-2587352); Falta Special Economic Zone (Tel : 91-33-2247-2263, 2240-4092; Fax : 91-33-2247-7923; http://www.fepz.com/); Noida Export Processing Zone (Tel: 91-120-2567270-3; Fax: 91-120-2562314;); Surat Special Economic Zone (Tel: +91-022-2285 1430 , 56325512/3/4; +91-022-2285 1457; http://www.sursez.com)
When thinking of using FCL shipping option (20’ and 40’ containers), you should keep in mind the following advantages:
1) The container volume is all at your disposal;
2) You don’t have to have to wait for your order being consolidated with other orders shipped to the same destination;
3) Mind that your goods will stay in the container from the time of loading in the origin port to the time of unloading at the destination.
Here are the estimated costs on importing your container from United States to the ports in India:
| ||20’ Container ||40’ Container ||Transit Time |
| East Coast - Calcutta / Kolkatta|| $1,659.00|| $2,579.00 || 39|
| West Coast - Calcutta / Kolkatta|| $1,940.00|| $2,475.00|| 37|
| East Coast - Chennai / Madras|| $1,408.00|| $2,258.00|| 39|
| West Coast - Chennai / Madras|| $1,608.00|| $2,205.00|| 37|
| East Coast - Cochin|| $1,408.00|| $2,258.00|| 39|
| West Coast - Cochin || $1,608.00|| $2,175.00|| 37|
| East Coast - Mumbai / Bombay|| $1,913.00|| $2,586.00|| 34|
| West Coast - Mumbai / Bombay|| $1,908.00|| $2,558.00|| 42|
| East Coast - Nhava Sheva|| $1,531.00|| $1,956.00|| n/a|
| West Coast - Nhava Sheva|| $1,757.00|| $1,964.00|| n/a|
| East Coast - Tuticorin|| $1,808.00|| $2,258.00|| n/a|
| West Coast - Tuticorin || $1,890.00|| $2,175.00|| n/a|
To get the full cost of transportation
you should add the following:
|- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF Charges) - $90 - $180 |
- Wharfage - $3 per MT
- Bill of Lading - $50
- Drayage from Terminal to Your Door (depends on the distance) - $220 (minimum) for 20’ and $235 (minimum) for 40’ container
- Fuel Surcharge - starts at $40
- Shipper's Declaration (Over $2,500.00) - $50
- Allowance for Industrial Goods - $100 - $150
- Hazardous Material - $100
Please note that these charges are subject to change
. Request an online quote to get the fresh rates.