Ship My Container
Get here cheap international container shipping service and request a free quote for shipping freight from USA and Canada to most worlds’ countries.
Importing your containerized goods overseas?
- Get a free rate of shipping your container abroad!
- Fill in all the required fields and receive your quote in the next 24 hours.
- If you want to proceed and have your cargo transported in container by us, just inform us and we will book the shipment of your commodities or household goods and provide you with all instructions needed via the e-mail or by calling.
International Container Shipping to Australia
When shipping your goods to another country, you'll want to import them economically. Get here all required information about rates and shipping services to help you make your container shipping process as easy as possible. Look through the information on free trade zones, customs requirements and rates on shipping your containers to Australia.
Import your container freight to main ports and cities in Australia: Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Fremantle, Sydney.
Get a free quote for shipping your commodities to Australia.
Australia joined WTO (World Trade Organization) in 1995.
The following documents are required for importing goods: pro-forma invoice, beneficiary’s certificate, commercial invoice, packing list, weight list, packing declaration, certificate of origin, drafts and lodgments, forward exchange.
Free Trade Zones
The Darwin Trade Development Zone (TDZ) is situated in Darwin, Northern Territory. Since 1986, the TDZ has fostered close working relationships with other Industrial Estates and Export Processing Zones within Asia including Malaysia, Indonesia and China. The free trade zone also has access to the customs agents and services of international financial consultants.
In 1997, the Australian Government adopted Manufacturing-in-Bond (MiB), Trade Zone-style benefits to manufacturers located in Australia. A company with MiB approval can import dutiable products into a licensed (bonded) warehouse, free of duties and taxes. If the products are subsequently re-exported, either in their original or manufactured form, no duty or Goods and Services Tax liability is incurred. Imports entered into the warehouse and later on "entered for home consumption" incur duty and GST liability at the time they leave the warehouse.
When thinking of using FCL shipping option (20’ and 40’ containers), you should keep in mind the following advantages:
1) The container volume is all at your disposal;
2) You don’t have to have to wait for your order being consolidated with other orders shipped to the same destination;
3) Mind that your goods will stay in the container from the time of loading in the origin port to the time of unloading at the destination.
Here are the estimated costs on importing your container from United States to the ports in Australia:
| ||20’ Container ||40’ Container ||Transit Time |
| East Coast - Adelaide || $2,213.00|| $2,848.00 || 45|
| West Coast - Adelaide|| $1,928.00|| $2,618.00|| 31|
| East Coast - Brisbane|| $2,113.00|| $2,698.00|| 21|
| West Coast - Brisbane|| $1,928.00|| $2,568.00|| 21|
| East Coast - Fremantle|| $2,263.00|| $2,998.00|| 43|
| West Coast - Fremantle|| $1,978.00|| $2,768.00|| 30|
| East Coast - Melbourne|| $2,113.00|| $2,698.00|| 40|
| West Coast - Melbourne|| $1,926.00|| $1,568.00||21 |
| East Coast - Honiara|| $7,345.00|| $9,800.00|| 40|
| West Coast - Honiara|| $5,195.00|| $8,096.00|| 42|
| East Coast - Sydney || $2,113.00 || $2,698.00 || 40|
| West Coast - Sydney|| $1,926.00|| $2,568.00 || 21|
To get the full cost of transportation
you should add the following:
|- Bunker Adjustment Factor (BAF Charges) - $90 - $180 |
- Wharfage - $3 per MT
- Bill of Lading - $50
- Drayage from Terminal to Your Door (depends on the distance) - $220 (minimum) for 20’ and $235 (minimum) for 40’ container
- Fuel Surcharge - starts at $40
- Shipper's Declaration (Over $2,500.00) - $50
- Allowance for Industrial Goods - $100 - $150
- Hazardous Material - $100
Please note that these charges are subject to change
. Request an online quote to get the fresh rates.